Every day I will help make a colleague better.
- I will perform at least 750 observations and provide teachers with timely feedback
- I will schedule a weekly visit with each teacher on the comprehensive cycle to provide feedback and to discuss
- Each Cougar Communication will have an instructional element, and I'll make more use of visuals, images, videos, etc.
- In person feedback will be provided whenever a negative is witnessed during an observation
- I will work with each teacher to develop their own professional learning plans
- Meet with parents, students, counselors and teachers on a regular basis for those students who are most at risk
- Require teachers to monitor students' academic progress and communicate that progress to me
- Expand the use of RTI procedures
I will create relationships based on respect, trust and mutual understanding. I will support and engage those with whom I work and always act with the utmost integrity. I will listen and learn.
- I will attend all departmental meetings
- I will meet weekly with department chairs
- I will be visible before and after school
- I will blog on Cougar Chat at least once per week
- Our Remind account will have at least 600 people sign-up
- Kettle Run News (Twitter) will finish the year with at least 800 followers
- Principal Forums will be streamed live
- I will work with faculty to ensure that BlackBoard Learn is implemented and used as described
- On 75% of Friday, I will complete my Friday Five
- I will explore use of other social media sites to enhance our digital footprint
- I will work with our School Improvement Team to provide relevant, meaningful, purposeful and engaging professional development opportunities for ALL faculty
- Our professional development will be teacher-driven, student-centered, and choice-based.
- Professional development opportunities will be offered online
- I will lead at least 3 professional development sessions including one on Standards-Based Grading and one on Restorative Justice.
Every day I will make myself a better leader by reading, learning from my Twitter PLN, asking questions and LISTENING. After all it's all about RELATIONSHIPS.